Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
A mild flavored, rich casserole. This is one of my kids favorites.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a big skillet, brown the turkey over medium heat.
- Add the celery, green pepper, and onion; saute until tender.
- Add in the soup, water chestnuts, mushrooms, pimentos, soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the burner; add sour cream and noodles; stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
This was pretty good, but was kind of an odd combination of flavors, which turned some of my family members off, while others really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!
This dish was okay. I didn't really care for the water chestnuts, I also had to add a second can of cream of mushroom 'cause it was really dry when I mixed with noodles. Good way to get rid of leftover turkey though.
I tried this on my family last night and already they are begging me to make it again! It was wonderful. Thanks for the recipe,it will be in my collection for a long time.