Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 mins
This came from The Creative Kitchen Cookbook
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb cooked turkey breast, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mild green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) baground tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine beans, chili powder and cumin.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium low heat until heated through. Remove from heat and cover.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey, onion, chilies, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring ocasionally, until onion is tender. Remove fromheat and stir in tomato.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread about 1 teaspoon bean mixture evenly over each tortilla chip, place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon turkey mixture over bean mixture. Sprinkle cheese evenly over turkey mixture.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve Warm.