Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I saw this recipe on an episode of Sara's Secrets, and knew I had to make it the next time I had leftover turkey. It turned out so that now I look for excuses to have turkey leftovers just to make this!
- 226.79 g leftover roast turkey meat, shredded
- 22.18 ml fresh lime juice
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 3 bell peppers, finely chopped (preferably red and orange)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano, crumbled
- black beans, rinsed and drained
- 113.39 g corn tortilla chips (not low-fat)
- 473.18 ml grated jalapeno jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 59.14 ml chopped scallion top
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 9.85-14.78 ml finely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss turkey with lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook bell peppers, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in skillet over moderate heat and cook garlic, cumin, and oregano, stirring, 1 minute. Add the beans and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make 2 layers each of corn chips, sauteed peppers, beans, turkey, cheese, scallion, and cilantro in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Bake nachos in middle of oven until cheese is melted, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Stir together sour cream and jalapeno, to taste, and serve on the side along with salsa.