Recipe by love4culinary
This is a lovely little pizza. You can take this pizza and convert it to a larger sized pizza if you have more mouths to feed ;) ENJOY!
Top Review by PaulaG
The flavors compliment each other well. I used Sourdough Pizza Shells recipe #6672 for the crust and baked it in a 9-inch cast iron skillet. I had some difficulty with the toppings adhering to the crust. The toppings became wet during the cooking time. I believe it would have been better to brush the crust with olive oil and add the cheese instead of waiting until the end and topping everything off with the cheese. Next time I believe I would cook it at a higher temperature, 475 degrees. It might even be better to use pita bread for the crust.
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, stems trimmed, then sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pizza dough, shell measuring 6 inches around
- 3 slices turkey, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, medium in size, thinly sliced
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 3 slices jarlsberg cheese, thinly sliced (you can also use swiss or Gruyere)
Directions See How It's Made
- First preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Then, heat your olive oil in a small skillet, and then add your mushrooms, cooking for 2 minutes on medium-high heat, shaking your skillet frequently; set aside.
- Take your pizza shell and place the turkey slices over the shell.
- Then, put your cooked mushrooms on top of the turkey slices and then randomly place the tomato over the mushrooms.
- Shake desired amount of freshly ground pepper over the vegetables, and then top with your basil and 1/2 of your parsley.
- Place your cheese slices on top.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and is a nice golden color.
- Sprinkle the rest of your parsley on top and serve!
- This will feed 2 small eaters or 1 big eater.