Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Individual meatloaf makes it special. Serve with a mushroom wine sauce. Leftovers are great on sandwiches. Original has 10 g fat.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely diced
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless boneless turkey breasts, ground
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan flavored breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup dry whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup low fat bacon bits, hormel real 98% fat free
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- onion, cut into slices, separated
- red bell pepper, sliced
- onion, sliced
- Peheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a large rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray. Or individual loaf pans.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray; add 2 tsp oil.
- Add celery and onion. Cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cremini mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until they give off their moisture and it mostly evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl; cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in egg sub, turkey, bread crumbs, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, sage, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Divide into 6 portions.
- Transfer to the prepared pans.
- On top of each loaf, brush with ketchup, I like a lot, place 4 to 6 onion pieces. Onions shaped in half rounds.
- Next place 3 to 4 pepper slices on top of the onions.
- Sprinkle with basil and parsley.
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake the loaves until lightly browned and an instant-read thermoneter inserted into the center of one registers 165 degrees, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Slice and serve.