Recipe by Manami
Turkey burgers are known to be tasteless and boring - so here is my take on not-so boring burgers. I have combined a couple of recipes to come up with these! Mainly a Wolfgang Puck recipe with Martha Stewart's ideas & a whole selection of others! Inactive prep time 15 minutes. :(
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 lb button mushroom, chopped fine in a food processor
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chopped thyme
- 1⁄4 cup chopped oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons prepared mango chutney, finely chopped or 3 tablespoons roast peach chutney
- 2 lbs ground turkey (7%)
- 8 hamburger buns
- romaine lettuce leaf
- thinly sliced red onion
CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA COMPOTE
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon mango chutney or 1 tablespoon roast peach chutney
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- MUSHROOM PUREE AND BURGERS:.
- To a hot saute pan over medium high heat, add the olive oil and butter and melt.
- Add garlic, onion, and bay leaf, and sweat for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook until liquid is released and mushrooms are almost dry.
- Stir in the thyme and oregano; remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Place the turkey in a large mixer and add the cooled mushroom mixture, mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into 8-ounce patties.
- Pan fry or grill the burgers until cooked through.
- Serve on a bun with romaine lettuce, sliced red onions and chunky tomato salsa compote.
- CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA COMPOTE:.
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook until most of the liquid has reduced.