1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This savory bread pudding is the answer to holiday dinner leftovers, making use of extra turkey and bread. I found this on the cookinglight.com web site. Wonder how it would taste with gravy and cranberry sauce? Just kidding!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 6 cups French bread or 6 cups Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add mushrooms, celery, onion, thyme, and garlic, cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirrirng occasionally.
- 4Stir in turkey, salt and black pepper.
- 5Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- 6Combine milk, mustard, red pepper, and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 7Stir in mushroom mixture and bread, toss well.
- 8Spoon into an 11x7" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 9Sprinkle with cheese.
- 10Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- 11Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey-Mushroom Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 1282.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked turkey breast