Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This savory bread pudding is the answer to holiday dinner leftovers, making use of extra turkey and bread. I found this on the cookinglight.com web site. Wonder how it would taste with gravy and cranberry sauce? Just kidding!!!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 6 cups French bread or 6 cups Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, celery, onion, thyme, and garlic, cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirrirng occasionally.
- Stir in turkey, salt and black pepper.
- Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Combine milk, mustard, red pepper, and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Stir in mushroom mixture and bread, toss well.
- Spoon into an 11x7" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.