Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Fabulous recipe for left over turkey broth, the chocolate and cinnamon and peanut butter make this dish extremely tasty.
- 2 cups of leftover cooked turkey, shredded
- 2 tablespoons oil, not olive oil, maybe corn
- 3 cups turkey broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup of baking chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Saute onions in hot oil 4 minutes until brown.
- Deglaze pan with 3 cups turkey broth 2 minute.
- Add tomatoes, peanut butter, chips,sugar,chili powder and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from heat and puree in blender, or use an immersion blender like braun.
- return to pan and add turkey meat.
- Serve over white rice, it is delicous served with eggs like they do in Mexico.