1/3 Photos of Turkey Mini-Meatloaves With Roasted Root Veggies
Mommy Diva's Note:
I found these individual mini-meatloaves with roasted veggies on Cook Yourself Thin. I love turkey anyway, but this just looks to die for!! I can't wait to make it! Calories per serving, meatloaves: 227 Calories per serving, roasted root veggies: 121 **Cooking time is slightly shorter for the veggies - see below. Meal should be done at the same time just not enter oven at the exact same time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the meatloaves
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 ounces bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey (I prefer breast)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
For the glaze
For the roasted root veggies
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange oven racks to accommodate two dishes being cooked simultaneously.
- 2Grind the bread in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl, and pour milk over crumbs.
- 3Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 5 minutes. Add spinach, and stir until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl with soaked crumbs. Add the turkey, cheese, egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Combine the mixture with your hands until well mixed; it will be quite wet.
- 4Pack 1 cup of the mixture into a 1-cup dry measuring cup. Invert the cup onto a rimmed baking sheet, gently shaking the cup to release the mixture. Gently pat the mound to smooth its shape. Repeat three times with remaining mixture. Bake mini meatloaves until cooked through and golden, about 40 minutes.
- 5While the meatloaves are cooking, make the glaze: In a small bowl combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Brush over meatloaves.
- 6To make the roasted root vegetables: On a baking sheet, toss all the vegetables in the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Add to the oven along with the meatloaves and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring midway through baking. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Mini-Meatloaves With Roasted Root Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.5
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 1316.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 36.1 g