1/1 Photo of Turkey Mini-Meatloaves With Roasted Root Veggies
1 hr 30 mins
Lady in love :)'s Note:
I cooked this for my husband and guests, what a hit ! Everyone loved it. Everyone likes the end of the meatloaf, this way we all get our own.!!! Freezes well for a quick dinner later too !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Meat loaves
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 141.74 g baby spinach leaves
- 566.99 g ground turkey
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
For the Glaze
For the root Veggies
- 11-Preheat oven to 375, Arrange oven racks to accommodate two dishes being cooked at the same time.
- 22- Put foil on baking sheet for easy clean up.
- 33-Prepare Veggies-Chop root vegtables to aprox 1/2" size,( flower bag ) put into a roaster bag for faster cooking.Toss all the vegtables into bag add 1tbl sp, plus 1 tsp olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs mix well in bag. Close bag cut 3 or 4 slits in top of bag place on baking sheet.Put on bottom rack of oven.
- 44- Now,prepare Glaze- In a sm bowl combine the ketchup, worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Set aside.
- 55-In a large bowl, pour milk over bread crumbs.Set aside.
- 66- Mix turkey, cheese, egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Combine the mixture with your hands untill well mixed, it will be quite wet.
- 77-Heat 1 tsp oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add onion and cook stirring occasionally untill soft and golden. about 5 minute Add spinach and stir untill just wilted. about 30 seconds.
- 8( or add 1 tbl water to pan and put lid on to wilt spinach leaves, stir a little as needed ).
- 98-Transfer spinach and onions to bowl with soaked crumbs. Add the turkey mixture. Combine with your hands untill well mixed, it will be quite wet.
- 109-Tightly pack one cup of mixture into a one cup DRY measure cup. Invert the cup onto a rimmed foil lined baking sheet, gently shaking the cup to release the mixture. Gently pat and shape the mound. Repeat three times with remaining mixture.
- 1110- Spoon glaze on top of each meatloaf, let dribble down the sides.
- 12Put into oven on top rack. ( Veggies should already be in oven ).
- 1311-Bake mini meatloaves untill cooked through and light golden ( remember turkey is lighter than hamburger ) Aprox 1 hr to 1 1/4 hr , I like mine well done ! Take meatloaves and veggies out at same time.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Mini-Meatloaves With Roasted Root Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.9
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 1336.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 37.2 g