Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Rachael Ray's Everyday magazine. Entered here for safe-keeping. I used a bit less olive oil in the potato salad (I eyeballed it) than the 1/4 cup called for and used honey mustard on the burgers.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled
- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- cheddar cheese, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons snipped chives (optional)
- Dijon mustard, for spreading on roll
- 8 small dinner rolls or 8 small potato dinner rolls, split
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes, place in a large pot and cover with an inch of water. Salt the water and bring to a boil over high heat. Continue boiling until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with the bread crumbs, egg, sage and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Divide the mixture into eigths and form into 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large grill pan over medium heat. Whent he oil is rippling hot, add the patties and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Place 2 small cheese squares on each burger.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and immediately toss with the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil, the vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the chives.
- Serve each burger on a roll spread with mustard.
- Serve 2 burgers on each plate with a helping of potato salad.