Recipe by mydesigirl
This will be made this year to go onto my New Year's Eve appetizer table. Very good!!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (I use vegetarian)
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning (I use the one for chicken)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook ground turkey and chopped onion until the meat is browned and the onion is tender. Drain.
- Stir into the turkey mixture, the refried beans, stewed tomatoes, taco seasoning mix, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer covered for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer meat mixture to a serving dish and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.