Recipe by duonyte
Courtesy of the folks at Butterball. This was very tasty as a melt, but the filling would also be good as a turkey salad sandwich.
Top Review by breezermom
Really enjoyed this with my leftover Thanksgiving turkey! I liked it best as just turkey salad, although the melt was very enjoyable. Very quick and easy to make after coming home from work. I did not include the tomato, as it isn't in season here right now and what we get have no taste! Did enjoy the fresh cilantro. Made for PRMR tag.
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped celery or 1⁄3 cup fennel
- 3 minced scallions
- 1⁄4 cup prepared chutney
- 1⁄2 cup regular mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 8 slices tomatoes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine turkey, celery, scallions, chutney, and optional cilantro. Mix in enough mayonnaise to bind. Chill until ready to use.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange English muffin halves on foil-lined baking sheet. Top with a slice of tomato, then the turkey mix, and finally the cheese.
- Broil a few inches from heat source for 3 or 4 minutes, until bubbly. Serve.
- Note: I suggest foil on the baking sheet to make cleanup easier. Butterball suggest 8 servings from this, but I think that's a bit optimistic. It depends on your family's appetites, of course.