Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 36 mins
Make and share this Turkey Meatloaves recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, peeled/seeded/chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, scrubbed,trimmed,chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 2 large egg whites, beaten lightly
- In a saucepan cook half the onion and the garlic in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, dried basil and the wine, and simmer the tomato sauce, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor chop fine the remaining onion with the bell pepper and the zucchini.
- In a large bowl combine the chopped vegetables with the tomato sauce, parsley, fresh basil, turkey, bread crumbs, white pepper, whole egg, egg whites and salt to taste.
- Divide the mixture between two loaf pans 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches.
- Bake the meat loaves in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.