Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the first meatloaf I have ever made that turned out moist and delicious! I saw several other turkey meatloaves but none quite like this.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add celery and onion and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cumin and cook for a minute, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, milk, salsa, egg whites, salt and pepper, and celery and onion mix.
- Spray a 13" x 9" pan with cooking spray, shape meatloaf into a 9" x 5" loaf and place in the middle of the pan.
- In small bowl, combine ketchup and mustard. Spread mixture on top of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, or until the inside is heated to 165 degrees F.
- Makes 8 main-dish servings.