Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this on the South Beach Diet site. I've never been on the South Beach Diet and I've modified it a bit. My family and I really like this different kind of meatloaf.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (from 1 slice of bread)
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup Italian dressing, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix turkey, spinach, cheese, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, and 1/4 cup of the dressing until well blended.
- Shape into 9X4 inch loaf in a greased 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place peppers and remaining 1/2 cup dressing in blender or food processor container; cover. Blend well.
- Cut meatloaf and serve with sauce on top.
I've made this recipe many times. It's a great recipe for South Beach. I got it off the Kraft website, where it called for their South Beach Balsamic Dressing instead of Italian. They took it down when they stopped making the dressing.