1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Maria Helm Sinskey's recipe won't make you moan as you did as a child - this meatloaf is sooooo gooood!!! When used the next day as a sandwich with grilled Cheddar cheese - watch out!! They say to serve it with Dijon mustard - well, we made a combination of ketchup and Dijon - fantastic!! Bon Appetit Magazine, October 2009 edition.:) 15 minute cooling period.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for brushing
- 2 cups day-old rustic style bread (1/3-inch cubes)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 -2 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (for that extra kick)
- 1 lb ground turkey (15% fat)
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Brush 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/3-inch loaf pan with olive oil.
- 3Toss bread with broth in large bowl.
- 4Let stand until bread absorbs broth and softens, about 10 minutes.
- 5Mix in mushrooms, eggs, shallots, garlic, parsley, thyme, coarse salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes & 2 tablespoons oil.
- 6Add turkey; mix just until blended.
- 7Transfer to pan, mounding in center.
- 8Bake until thermometer inserted in center registers 170°F, about 1 hour 25 minutes.
- 9Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Meatloaf With Mushrooms and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.7
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 241.6 mg
- Sodium 1168.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 58.9 g