Recipe by dgpat
I LOVE this meatloaf!!! I finally found a turkey meatloaf that has great flavor and isn't dry! Love it in sandwiches too! I know it sounds strange to add stuffing and beef gravy to a turkey meatloaf, but it sure does work well for me. This came from somewhere on the web - can't remember where.
Top Review by GatorBait
Fabulous! My family and friends LOVE this recipe every time I make it. Instead of making it in a loaf pan, I used a muffin/cupcake pan to shorten the cooking time to around 25-30 minutes. (This also makes it easy for leftovers the next day!) I also only used about 1.5 lbs. of turkey, which I felt gave it more of a stuffing flavor. Overall, great recipe! I use it ALL the time!
- 1 (12 ounce) jar fat free beef gravy
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package Stove Top low-sodium chicken stuffing mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Pour 1/4 cup gravy in a large bowl.
- Stir in water.
- Add meat, stuffing and eggs- mix lightly.
- Shape mixture into a loaf and place in a baking pan.
- Pour 2/3 of the remaining gravy over the meatloaf.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for about 50 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until top is browned- about another 50 minutes.
- If desired, potatoes and carrots could be added to the pan around the meatloaf.
- If I do add them, I mix some water with the remaining gravy and pour it over the potatoes.