Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on The Healthy Foodie blog and really liked it. I modified it to fit my needs and tastes. The recipe said to bake them in 4 mini loaf pans, but I ended up baking mine in muffin tins so they would be done quicker. You could also bake it as one loaf, but of course it would take longer then. My kids loved these when I made them too.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb chicken
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat muffins tins or baking pans with non stick cooking spray.
- Place all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix until very well combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared muffin tins and bake 15 - 20 minutes or until meat thermometer says it's done. (Mini loaf pans would take 30-35 minutes and one large loaf would take 45 - 60 minutes.).
- Remove meat loaves from oven and let cool about 5 minutes before removing them from the pans.