Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from her newest book "Look + Cook" with modifications.
- 1 lb ground turkey, dark meat preferred
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tart apple, peeled and grated
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- sat and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 mild red onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese, sharp
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 other favorite buns, just not the hamburger variety
- In medium skillet over medium high heat, saute onion, celery in oil/butter until soft.
- Add apple and continue cooking another 3 minutes.
- Place in a bowl and let cool.
- Add the crumbs, seasonings, parsley, mustard, egg and turkey.
- Mix and shape into 4 patties.
- In small bowl combine cranberry sauce, sour cream and chives.
- set aside.
- In large non stick skillet over medium high heat, fry the patties until done.
- top with cheese and let melt slightly.
- Meanwhile gently toast cut buns.
- On bottom bun, place some onion, lettuce leaf, patty and spoon on some sauce.
- Place top on the patty.
- Serve with your favorite crudities.
Wow all the flavors of the holidays in one burger. This burger turned out light and tender. We really enjoyed the under notes of the mustard against the sweet tartness of the cranberries. Made using flat buns and American cheese because those are what we had on hand. Thanks for the post.