1/1 Photo of Turkey Meatloaf Burger (Rachael Ray)
Lori Mama's Note:
This is from her newest book "Look + Cook" with modifications.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey, dark meat preferred
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tart apple, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- sat and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 mild red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese, sharp
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 other favorite buns, just not the hamburger variety
- 1In medium skillet over medium high heat, saute onion, celery in oil/butter until soft.
- 2Add apple and continue cooking another 3 minutes.
- 3Place in a bowl and let cool.
- 4Add the crumbs, seasonings, parsley, mustard, egg and turkey.
- 5Mix and shape into 4 patties.
- 6In small bowl combine cranberry sauce, sour cream and chives.
- 7set aside.
- 8In large non stick skillet over medium high heat, fry the patties until done.
- 9top with cheese and let melt slightly.
- 10Meanwhile gently toast cut buns.
- 11On bottom bun, place some onion, lettuce leaf, patty and spoon on some sauce.
- 12Place top on the patty.
- 13Serve with your favorite crudities.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Meatloaf Burger (Rachael Ray)
Serving Size: 1 (1475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.5
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 164.9 mg
- Sodium 2048.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 43.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild red onions