Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family loves this meatloaf recipe; they beg me to make it. I needed to find a healthy recipe to serve my family because of high cholesterol and diabetes. It isn't dry, it's moist.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (any flavor)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 slices turkey bacon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (wash hands before touching the ingredients).
- In a medium bowl combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, onion (chopped into small pieces) and barbecue sauce.
- Mix well with hands.
- Spray the inside of a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Put mixture in loaf pan and mold it to form a loaf, then spread a light coating of barbecue sauce over the top of the meatloaf and lay the bacon strips on top and bake for 45 minutes.
Pretty good... definitely not dry. I doubled the recipe, which would serve closer to 10, so I'd think this serves more like 5 people.
This goes together quickly, even with 'homeade' breadcrumbs. I made this as written with one small exception, I used kethup instead of the BBQ sauce as I had non on hand. When the urge for meatloaf hits again, we'll use this recipe (without the bacon as it doesn't really add anything special to this dish).
Yum. Easy to make and tasty. Great warm the first day and in sandwiches the next. I subbed rolled oats for the breadcrumbs. Thanks for posting. This is one I would make again.