Recipe by Carol Evon
My family loves this meatloaf recipe; they beg me to make it. I needed to find a healthy recipe to serve my family because of high cholesterol and diabetes. It isn't dry, it's moist.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (any flavor)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 slices turkey bacon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (wash hands before touching the ingredients).
- In a medium bowl combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, onion (chopped into small pieces) and barbecue sauce.
- Mix well with hands.
- Spray the inside of a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Put mixture in loaf pan and mold it to form a loaf, then spread a light coating of barbecue sauce over the top of the meatloaf and lay the bacon strips on top and bake for 45 minutes.