Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yes, you can make awesome meat loaf from ground turkey. This recipe is much leaner than traditional meat loaf and can be eaten by those of us who are allergic to dairy and/or eggs. YUM!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened soymilk or 1⁄4 cup other non-dairy milk substitute or 1⁄4 cup chicken stock or 1⁄4 cup turkey broth, will also work
- 2 egg whites (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Use your hands to squish everything together, enjoy it!
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with olive oil, and pat the misture into it.
- Bake for 1 hour, drain excess juices and serve.
I used extra lean ground turkey, and once the loaf was in the pan, I topped it with more broth and covered it with foil. After baking, I skimmed the solids off the loaf and drained the liquid. Good flavor, very moist (always challenging with turkey), and lots of veggie content. One srving (1/4 of Loaf) approx 4 WW points- Nice, everyday recipe.