1/5 Photos of Turkey Meatloaf
1 hr 25 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
A very tasty low fat meatloaf. The recipe come from Gourmet January 2003.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fine chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, diced fine
- 3/4 cup mushroom, finely chopped in food processer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 5 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup fine fresh breadcrumb (2 slices firm white bread)
- 1/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey (mix of light and dark meat)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degree.
- 2Cook onion and garlic in oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat until onion is softened - about 2 minutes.
- 3Add carrot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 5Cook stirring occasionally, until liquid, mushrooms gives off is evaporated and they are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in Worcestershire sauce, parsley and 3 tablespoons Ketchup.
- 7Transfer Vegetables to a large bowl and cool.
- 8Stir together bread crumbs and milk in a large bowl.
- 9Let stand 5 minutes.
- 10Stir in egg and egg white.
- 11Add to vegetables.
- 12Add TURKEY and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the Vegetable mixture.
- 13Mix well with hands (mixture will be very moist).
- 14Form into a 9-by 5-inch oval loaf.
- 15Put into lightly oiled 13 x 9 x 2 inch metal baking pan.
- 16Brush meatloaf lightly with remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup.
- 17Bake in the middle of oven 50 to 55 minutes--until meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- 18Let meatloaf stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 765.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 24.3 g