1/1 Photo of Turkey Meatloaf
1 hr 15 mins
This dinner table classic gets a healthy upgrade with the substitution of ground organic turkey for red meat and with the use of the spice sage. The quantities of spices are given in ranges because some people prefer a more flavorful meatloaf; in that case, use the larger quantity. Add ground or whole flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds. I found this recipe in Arthritis Health Monitor leaflet. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground organic turkey
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk substitute (or chicken or vegetable broth)
- 1 organic egg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup minced parsley or 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2-1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2-1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2-1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2-1 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Mix all ingredients in a bowl, making sure to blend well. (Using your hands is the most effective way to get everything well blended, so dive in and have fun). Pat mixture into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- 4Bake for 1 hour. Drain juices and serve by the slice. Kids wll love it.
- 5Substitutions: If you cannot tolerate eggs, just replace the eggs, just replace the egg with 1/2 banana or other binder.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 330.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-dairy milk substitute