Recipe by Felix4067
I've seen hundreds of recipes for turkey meatloaf, but none that include salsa. For those of us who are eating ground turkey under duress due to health concerns, this actually makes a decent meatloaf even though it's not the same as using ground beef. If you want, you can use Minute Rice in place of the oats, just don't drain the salsa (or add a teaspoon of water to the mixture).
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (if watery, drain most of the liquid before adding)
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients together using your hands, and press into a 9x5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa on top of meatloaf during last five minutes of cooking.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.