Recipe by Team Rocco
Best meatloaf recipe I have ever tasted!! I will never make another meatloaf with beef again. Pairs really well with scallion mashed potatoes.
Top Review by lizataylor65
Awesome and easy. I was looking for a recipe to make a meatloaf with, and I happened to have all the ingredients for this one. I didn't have fresh garlic so I used the refrigerated squeeze garlic. Flavors were just like original beef and pork meat loaf, texture was less dense, but I loved it that way!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (plus more to coat top of meatloaf)
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Frank's red hot sauce
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Sautee the onion and garlic until soft, but make sure not to burn garlic.
- Set aside onion and garlic to cool.
- Combine turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, garlic and onion, until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed (I added about 1/2 Tbsp of Frank's Red Hot for a little kick, but can be decreased/increased depending on preference).
- Transfer mixture to a greased 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Brush ketchup on top to coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50-55 minutes.
- If using the parmesan, add at last 5 minutes and set oven to broil so cheese gets slightly crisp (keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn!).
- Let meatloaf set for 5 minutes after removing from oven.