Recipe by katii
This unsual (still very tasty!) recipe can be baked in a traditional loaf, mini-loaves, or formed into burgers.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄8 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely ground oats (put oats in blender and pulse until the oats are the consistency of bread crumbs, pure, certified gl)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 cup minced celery
- 1⁄8 cup milk or 1⁄8 cup soymilk or 1⁄8 cup stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg until frothy; stir in oats.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- If making a loaf, form into a loaf and pack into a lightly oiled 8x4-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for approximately 45 minutes or until the loaf begins to pull away from the pan.
- If making mini-loaves, reduce heating time to 30-35 minutes.
- If making burgers, form into 1-inch thick patties and place in a lightly oiled skillet.
- Cook the burgers over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Flip the burgers carefully and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165°F and the meat is no longer pink.