Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I combined 2 family recipes, and came up with this one night. I've always had ketchup on top, but my DH would rather have cheese. My DH loves this recipe and requests it all the time. It's easy to make, and I always have the ingredients on hand. **Note: 1/4 lb. of saltine crackers is 1 sleeve, I use 3/4 - 1 full sleeve. Variation: you can also make a stuffed meatloaf by pressing the meat mixture down on a cutting board, spread some stuffing mix (or leftover stuffing) in the center of the meat mixture. Roll into a loaf shape and bake as directed.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mrs. dash sodium-free seasoning
- 1⁄4 lb saltine crackers, crushed
- 4 -6 slices American cheese
- Mix everything, except the cheese together in a bowl.
- Dump into a loaf pan.
- Bake 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Put cheese slices on top of the cooked meatloaf.
- Stick back in the oven for a few minutes, until the cheese melts.