Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fat free ground turkey and lean ground pork meatloaf. Very low in fat and high in protein. I have calculated the nutritional values and this recipe is much lower in fat and cholesterol than the final recipe indicates. Be sure that the ground pork is very lean or use all turkey and more seasonings.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast, 99% fat free
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes or 1⁄4 raw onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper, if desired
- catsup, for topping
- mix all ingredients well in large bowl.
- Pat into bread loaf pan.
- Top with drizzle of catsup.
- Bake at 350º for 45-60 minutes.
- lean bulk pork sausage can be substituted, but it should be very lean.
Delicious meatloaf! The pork helps keep it moist (ground turkey tends to dry out). The addition of the cheese adds a nice flavor. Looking forward to a sandwich with the leftovers. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.