Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A slightly healthier version of mom's recipe - can also be made with ground beef.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup white bread (about 7 pieces) or 1 cup whole wheat bread (about 7 pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 chopped onions or 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soak bread in milk.
- Mix all other ingredients together (reserve 1/4 cup tomato paste) and then add the bread and milk mixture. Mix all together again.
- Form into one large or two small meatloaves in a 13x9 baking pan or dish.
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup tomato paste on top of loaf (or loaves).
- Bake in oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hour at 350 degrees.
I used beef and for us it was a bit bland. I added garlic but I would have liked it with more salt. I also used low carb bread crumbs but I think Italian seasoned crumbs would have been good in this.