Recipe by Cynna
Something I created on the search for more healthy dinner options. A family favorite now, it's delicious!
Top Review by dmac085
I made this last night and it was wonderful! I subbed a couple of things but I think they were in keeping with the original recipe. Instead of beef broth I used Worcestershire sauce, and instead of ketchup I used Heinz Chili Sauce. I couldn't find my dry bread crumbs so I made fresh soft breadcrumbs instead and used Montreal Steak Seasoning. I also added about 1/4 c finely chopped red bell pepper. Everything else was per the recipe. Moist with alot of flavor. I think 1/2-1 tsp of hot sauce or some cayenne pepper would be good too. I used white meat turkey and there was no problem with dry meat. I love regular meatloaf but this is one I can have with a little less guilt and all the great flavor. A keeper! Thank you.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1⁄8 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon beef broth
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together egg, milk, broth, ketchup, mustard, mayo, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in small bowl.
- Add wet mixture to ground turkey, mix until well incorporated (this will be very wet).
- Add dry ingredients, onion and garlic to ground turkey and mix well.
- Form turkey mixture into a loaf form (or use a loaf pan) and cook in oven for 1 hour.
- You may add a topping if you like, I find my tastes vary, so sometimes I add topping, sometimes I don't.
- Serve and enjoy!