Recipe by evelyn/athens
a healthier alternative to regular meatloaf but no cutting corners on good taste.
Top Review by John S.
this turkey meatloaf was very good and I will make again for sure but it was very spicy. I feel there may have been a typo on the black pepper measurement. I think 1/2 teaspoon of pepper would be better than 1 and 1/2 teaspoons, unless you like really spicy meatloaf.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F; grease 9x5x3-inch glass loaf pan.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat; add onion and carrot; saute 5 minutes; add celery; saute until vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes longer; transfer to large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients except ketchup to vegetables in bowl; mix thoroughly; transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour; brush with ketchup and bake about 15-20 minutes longer; cool 7-10 minutes; slice and serve.