Prep 20 mins
Cook 38 mins
a healthier alternative to regular meatloaf but no cutting corners on good taste.
Make and share this Turkey Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 375F; grease 9x5x3-inch glass loaf pan.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat; add onion and carrot; saute 5 minutes; add celery; saute until vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes longer; transfer to large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients except ketchup to vegetables in bowl; mix thoroughly; transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour; brush with ketchup and bake about 15-20 minutes longer; cool 7-10 minutes; slice and serve.
this turkey meatloaf was very good and I will make again for sure but it was very spicy. I feel there may have been a typo on the black pepper measurement. I think 1/2 teaspoon of pepper would be better than 1 and 1/2 teaspoons, unless you like really spicy meatloaf.
ok, because of food allergies and ingredients on hand, I did adjust this just a bit, but wow! Been looking for a decent Turkey meatloaf recipe for a long time!! This is the best I've found so far. So, what I did different: only had 1 - 1/4 lbs grd turkey; used 1 cup oats in place of bread crumbs, ran the carrot and celery in a food processor ( personally don't like chunks mixed in),added chopped spinach (wilted into the finished onions/carrots/celery..how can I have sun-dried tomatoes without spinach? lol!), followed advice of another comment to reduce pepper. Just delicious!
Yummy turkey meatloaf! Very tasty and full of good stuff! Especially love the flavour the sundried tomato gave it, also I had about a half cup of frozen cranberries I needed to use up so chopped them and added them too with lovely results. It sliced very nicely, can hardly wait for turkey loaf sammie for lunch tomorrow!! I will be making this one again often, thanks for posting.