Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a healthier and lighter version of traditional Italian meatballs, without sacrificing any great flavours! This is of course, one of my favorites. Courtesy of Giada de Laurentiis.
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 29.58 ml whole milk
- 177.44 ml grated romano cheese
- 3.69 ml salt
- 3.69 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 453.59 g ground turkey (dark meat)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 1182.95 ml marinara sauce or 1182.95 ml tomato sauce or 1182.95 ml other pasta sauce
- Mix together bread crumbs,parsley, eggs, milk, 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add ground turkey, stir gently to combine. Be careful not to overwork the meat.
- Shape into bite size balls.
- Heat oil in a large skiller under medium high heat.
- Add meatballs until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.