1/1 Photo of Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
Morning Biscotti's Note:
This is a healthier and lighter version of traditional Italian meatballs, without sacrificing any great flavours! This is of course, one of my favorites. Courtesy of Giada de Laurentiis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey (dark meat)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cups marinara sauce or 5 cups tomato sauce or 5 cups other pasta sauce
- 1Mix together bread crumbs,parsley, eggs, milk, 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- 2Add ground turkey, stir gently to combine. Be careful not to overwork the meat.
- 3Shape into bite size balls.
- 4Heat oil in a large skiller under medium high heat.
- 5Add meatballs until browned, about 3 minutes.
- 6Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer, about 5 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.0
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 195.1 mg
- Sodium 2101.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 37.5 g