1/4 Photos of Turkey Meatballs and Pasta in Broth
susie cooks's Note:
This is a really tasty and light soup. Easy to make. From Martha Stewart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 large beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped into a 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup farfalle pasta (bowtie)
- 1 fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1In a medium bowl, combine turkey, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup parsley, salt and pepper, and mix well with your hands. Using a teaspoon, form 1-inch meatballs, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2In a large saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of stock over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 3Raise heat to medium high, add carrots and remaining stock, and bring to a gentle boil. Add pasta; cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Lower heat to medium, add meatballs, and simmer gently until meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat, and stir in fennel and remaining parsley.
- 6Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Meatballs and Pasta in Broth
Serving Size: 1 (578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.2 mg
- Sodium 1873.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 21.0 g