- 6 ounces lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 large beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped into a 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup farfalle pasta (bowtie)
- 1 fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup parsley, salt and pepper, and mix well with your hands. Using a teaspoon, form 1-inch meatballs, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of stock over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium high, add carrots and remaining stock, and bring to a gentle boil. Add pasta; cook for 5 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium, add meatballs, and simmer gently until meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in fennel and remaining parsley.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.