Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 slices Italian bread (leave out all day so they are dry)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Leave bread out all day so it is dry.
- Put in bowl and pour water over it.
- Let water soak in.
- Squeeze out excess water and discard.
- Break up bread with fingers.
- Add eggs, parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, meat, salt, and oregano.
- Mix it together with your hands.
- Taste for salt.
- Roll into small 2" balls and put on cookie sheet (spray with non-stick spray first) and bake in 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
I replaced the bread with breadcrumbs, and would suggest only using one egg if you decide to do this. Otherwise, these are delicious and my husband just loved them!
Just made half a recipe, turned out very tasty but we found them to be a little tough on the outside and wondered if it was because they are baked. They did have a lovely flavour with the Parmesan and oregano. I made mine into just 10 larger meatballs and served them with spaghetti sauce over whole wheat spaghetti, very tasty supper.