1 hr 20 mins
David J Rust's Note:
I started making these as a low-calorie and reasonable-carb form of meatball that I could eat while losing weight and still feel full. I usually combine a single serving of these meatballs (5 to a serving) with 3 ounces of whole wheat spaghetti and a half cup of simple marinara sauce. The sweetness of the cranberries combines nicely with the Thanksgiving-inspired herbs and spices to make an unconventional meatball. I really love these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g lean ground turkey
- 2 (793.78 g) can cranberry sauce (I use Ocean Spray with whole berries)
- 4 large eggs
- 709.77 ml fine breadcrumbs, dried
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 22.18 ml kosher salt
- 14.79 ml black peppercorns
- 22.18 ml fennel seeds
- 9.85 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml whole allspice
- 14.79 ml dried sage
- 14.79 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml canola oil
- 1Combine all spices and herbs in a spice grinder and blend them into a fine powder.
- 2Spread the ground meat over the bottom of the work bowl and sprinkle with the ground spice mixture.
- 3Add the cranberry sauce, eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- 4With your hands, mix all of the ingredients together into an even blend. Do not worry if there are chunks of whole cranberries; those add a pop of sweet and tart flavor when done.
- 5Coat two large cookie sheets with raised sides with the oil; spread it on, evenly to prevent burning.
- 6Form 75 meatballs, each about the size of a golf ball (maybe a bit smaller) from the meat mixture and place on the cookie sheets. The meatballs should not touch but can be close to one another.
- 7Heat your oven to 350 degrees, Fahrenheit.
- 8Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 9Switch the cookie sheet on the top rack for the cookie sheet on the bottom rack and roast for another 20 minutes.
- 10Remove and let cool on the pans for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 944.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 22.8 g