Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
WOW, you won't believe these are turkey meatballs! SO moist and flavorful! PLEASE NOTE: Not as high in calories as the automated machine says. USE your judgment and see! YUMMMY
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 20 Club crackers (keebler garlic)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon season salt
- 7 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced (jar)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon torres rosemary garlic mixed spice
- 1⁄16 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 0.25 (8 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese (white)
- Preheat oven to 350. Place ground turkey in a mixing bowl.
- Take basil leafs and place in an food chopper. Once they are chopped up add to mixing bowl w/turkey. Put the garlic club crackers in the food chopper to make fine crumbs and then add into the mixing bowl.
- Combine all the other items (NOT CHEESE) in the the mixing bowl and using hands mix well. If the meat seems a bit moist and is hard to make the shape of meatballs add a bit more cracker crumbs.
- Once all the iteams are mixed (not cheese) well, take the cheese and cut into 1/4 inch cubes. Start but taking a bit of the meat mixture and forming a ball. press a cube of the cheese into the turkey mixture in your palm and form a meatball around the cheese. the cheese should be in the middle of the mixture.
- Place the meatballs on a cookie sheet and bake for 15mins then flip/roll the meatballs over for another 10/15mins.
- Serve with pasta, on a salad or just the way they are. Very moist and full of flavor.