Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We were having spaghetti for dinner & I wanted some turkey meatballs as well as beef. I made these up in the morning, browned them & put them in the fridge till dinner time, then finished them in the oven. You could finish them in your sauce instead if you wanted. I used a 1 1/2" meatball maker. If you find that the meatballs start sticking to the maker rinse it under hot water, it works like a charm. You could also make tiny meatballs to use for an appetizer.
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 tablespoons cream (milk would be fine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for cooking)
- Mix all ingredients but the olive oil together.
- Form meatballs.
- Brown in hot pan with olive oil (can be put in fridge at this point if making ahead).
- Finish cooking in 350 oven for about 20 minutes or till done, or in sauce on stove.
These aren't hard to make and taste even better than my usual Costco meatballs. I'll be making these from now on. Made for Spring 2013 PAC. (served with Satyne's Sugo Di Pomodoro Fresco)