Recipe by Spinnenkatie
I was wanting some real meatballs and started stiffing around my spice cabinet for something that smelled like it would taste good in a meat ball. The actually turned out! All measurements are approximate because I was just kind of dumping them on in amounts that 'looked' right.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
For the taste, these definitely are 5 stars. It's just the texture which makes me rate them 4 stars because I found them a bit too "gummy". The spice mixture is really great, though. First I was hesitant about the amount of caraway, but it is perfect. For the Tony Chachere's Seasoning which I can't get in Germany I used home made Creole Seasoning. Thanks for sharing :)
Made for PAC Fall 2012
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix all of the seasonings and the meat together.
- Spray Pam in the bottom of a pan that has at least 1/2 inch lip to it.
- Roll the meatballs 1/2 the size of a golf ball if you want 20 meat balls, or the full size of a golf ball if you want 10.
- Bake meatballs for 35-40 minutes or until 'done.'.
- Add to pasta or whatever dish you are cooking. They also freeze well.