Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
really tasty, lots of fresh ingredients, great as a meal or with whole wheat spaghetti. Recipe was taken from Ellie Krieger's Food Network show "Healthy Appetite"
- cooking spray
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 slice fresh whole wheat bread, crusts removed, pulsed into crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine the turkey with all other ingredients in a large work bowl.
- Form into 2 1/2 -inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Broil for 10 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- If you are going to add the meatballs to sauce, pull them out of the broiler just before they are cooked through.