Recipe by MA HIKER
Another yummy recipe! These I make a double batch and bring the second batch to a friend in need (a new mom, someone who is ill) - everyone loves them and asks for the recipe.
Top Review by Chef at Heart
Awesome, I'll have send you my recipe for spaghetti with turkey meatballs. The yogurt gave it that extra lift, and the dill took it over the edge. Sorry, I don't have a picture, No batteries for the camera yet. Leanne
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup whole all-bran cereal
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg, cereal, Worcestershire sauce and lemon peel. Add turkey and carrot. Mix well.
- Shape into 8 or 16 meatballs (according to your size preference).
- Brown meatballs in a large skillet with cooking oil.
- Drain off fat.
- Add broth.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Reserving broth in skillet, transfer meatballs to a serving dish; cover and keep warm.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, yogurt, lemon juice and dill weed.
- Add to broth in skillet.
- Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Serve sauce over meatballs with rice.
- If not serving right away, keep pour sauce over meatballs, cover with foil and keep in a warm (300 degree) oven.