1/1 Photo of Turkey Meatballs
MA HIKER's Note:
Another yummy recipe! These I make a double batch and bring the second batch to a friend in need (a new mom, someone who is ill) - everyone loves them and asks for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup whole all-bran cereal
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine egg, cereal, Worcestershire sauce and lemon peel. Add turkey and carrot. Mix well.
- 2Shape into 8 or 16 meatballs (according to your size preference).
- 3Brown meatballs in a large skillet with cooking oil.
- 4Drain off fat.
- 5Add broth.
- 6Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- 7Reserving broth in skillet, transfer meatballs to a serving dish; cover and keep warm.
- 8In a small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, yogurt, lemon juice and dill weed.
- 9Add to broth in skillet.
- 10Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 11Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- 12Serve sauce over meatballs with rice.
- 13If not serving right away, keep pour sauce over meatballs, cover with foil and keep in a warm (300 degree) oven.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.7
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 146.5 mg
- Sodium 551.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 25.5 g