Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home - yummy!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 -6 submarine buns, split
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the onion, green pepper, garlic, parsley, and seasonings. Stir in 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1 1/2 in balls. Place on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 8 minutes. Turn and broil 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer meatballs to a large saucepan; add remaining spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve meatballs and sauce on buns. Sprinkle with cheese.