Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from Thinner Times. I have not tried this, just posting for easy finding.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 slice sandwich bread mashed with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb mixed mushrooms, sliced (baby bella are great)
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Blend turkey, 3 tablespoons onion, garlic, salt, pepper, bread, and egg yolk and form into 1-inch meatballs. (I use my cookie dough scoop to form the meatballs).
- Brown meatballs in olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat; transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add remaining onion to the hot skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until onion is softened. Add mushrooms and sauté until the liquid the mushrooms give off has evaporated and mixture is fairly dry. Add broth, Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture and blend until sauce is glossy and thickened. Add meatballs with any accumulated juices, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Turn off heat, stir in sour cream and dill, and adjust seasonings.