Recipe by SJG3483
This recipe makes enough to feed a crowd, but can easily be scaled down. The turkey makes a healthy alternative to ground beef.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1⁄3 cups matzo meal
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) boxuncooked tri-color spiral pasta
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 -6 cups tomato juice (depending on how strong you want the tomato flavor)
- 6 -8 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- italian seasoning (about 1 T)
- black pepper
- margarine, for browning
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix turkey, matzo meal, and eggs well.
- Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- Cook the meatballs either by browning them in a skillet or boiliing them in water Brown garlic in a saucepan.
- Combine all ingredients except spinach in a large pot.
- Heat to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook about 5 more minutes until pasta is tender.