Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
If I have spinach (fresh or frozen) on hand I add it to the meatball mixture! It adds moisture and flavor on top of being healthy!
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 zucchini, chopped
- In large bowl, Mix ground turkey, 1/4 of the onion minced, garlic,
- It. seasoning, salt, bread crumbs, egg and tom. paste.
- Form into meatballs, place in baking dish with zuccini and the rest of the onion, chopped. Cover with stewed tomatoes.
- Bake on 400 deg. for about 20-25 minute depending on the size of your meatballs. Don't overcook or they will be dry.
- I serve this with baked spagetti squash & butter instead of pasta for a healthy alternitive. Kids love it!