Budding Chef's Note:
Rachel Ray makes this tasty comfort food with veal meatballs. We use turkey. It's yummy, warm, filling and freezes and reheats superbly as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli rabe, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- salt (to taste)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini or 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 lb orecchiette
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1Bring a couple of inches of water to a boil in a medium skillet.
- 2Add salt to boiling water and the broccoli rabe and cook 7 to 8 minutes.
- 3Drain rabe and reserve.
- 4While rabe cooks, heat a medium soup pot over medium to medium high heat with 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- 5Add 3 cloves chopped garlic, carrots and onions.
- 6Cook 5 to 6 minutes, add white beans and heat through, a minute.
- 7Season veggies and beans with salt and pepper.
- 8Add drained rabe and the stocks and cover pot to bring to a quick boil.
- 9Add orecchiette and stir.
- 10Reduce heat and simmer soup to a low-roll, uncovered.
- 11Mix veal with egg, bread crumbs, cheese, sage and salt and pepper.
- 12Roll into 1-inch balls and drop into stoup.
- 13Cook 5 minutes.
- 14Adjust seasonings and serve stoup in shallow bowls with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Meatball and Broccoli Rabe Stoup
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 137.5 mg
- Sodium 686.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 52.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: